install problems on old Compaq Armada 4110

Rutledge, Lincoln lrutledge at lnlattorneys.com
Mon Dec 29 08:55:55 PST 2003

Hi,

Okay, the BIOS settings you describe don't exist on this old thing, and
I did eject the NIC.  I have played some more with the device settings,
and I noticed something that may help get this working:

In the OpenBSD dmesg, the keyboard controller is at isa port 0x60, while
the setting in the "hint" line was 0x060.  I tried 0x60 with the same
result :(  I guess PCs probably all see the keyboard at the same place,
hard coded into the specification, and I don't know how those settings
are read by the kernel.

However, through very slow reboots from the floppy set, I have noticed
while the kernel is booting this message:

atkbd0 attach returned 6

I am not a programmer, but that sounds bad.

The onboard keyboard is dead, so I am using an external PS/2 keyboard
through the PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse port.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Lincoln Rutledge