ip addressing in freebsd

niraj kumar nirajkumar_ait at yahoo.co.in
Sun Dec 28 05:21:57 PST 2003

1. in freebsd we can have two ip address for a single host like 2.0.0.1 & 17.0.0.1 by using ifconfig but why can't we assign two ip like 2.0.0.1 & 2.0.0.2 (i  know that both r in same network)
2 so where is the problem in resolving the ip addressing of the host
3 where i can find more about this (links)

4. where is the code of the ip resolution in the    kernel
                          niraj

Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your partner online.Post your profile.