Screensaver issue

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Sat Dec 27 14:20:33 PST 2003

I recently spent some time with portupgrade, fixing a bunch of
messed-up dependencies and ensuring that my GNOME was fully
updated to 2.4. When I was done, most things were pretty much
the same, but now my screen turns off after about five minutes
or so. This is not apparently related to xscreensaver, which
is set not to go on until 30 minutes pass.

Are there other screensavers that might be running, or some
other explanation for the screen turning off after such a short
time? Any mouse movement or keyboard touch turns it on again.

I'm running 4.8-STABLE on an IBM ThinkPad X series, if it matters.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower