setting login.conf doesn't limit my users

Alexander amour at bugs.elitsat.net
Fri Dec 26 17:10:52 PST 2003

Hello,

after setting a new login classes in login.conf the users still don't get
limited and worse - they can change the limits by themselves !

How do I restrict that ?

I'm using FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE. Most of the users are using bash. They
are in the login class that should put them the limits and I ran cap_mkdb
/etc/login.conf after adding the new class. The users login via sshd.

P.S. The FBSD handbook and the login.conf manpage doesn't help much. They
only say that I should put the limits I want in login.conf and everything
should be done. Do I miss something ?

thanks