Invalid Partition - help on setting up loader

Joseph ginipig at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 26 14:25:32 PST 2003

Following up on my own question: I've been browsing the net for any
pertinent information

Most of the results I've found indicate that Freebsd Partitions are booted
from their first partition.

For instance, my 0:ad(2,e)/boot/loader workaround can't be deployed
permanently. Apparently I should have created a ad0s2a partition in order to
get things working. My researching into boot0cfg, disklabel ( I guess those
are the only binaries pertinent to my situation. I'm not interested in
running lilo, or grub, as I want to make certain that ufs2 is widely tested
first.

If I'm wrong - and I hope that I am, could somebody comment on this?

Thanks in advance :)