natd.conf problem (was: natd problem (but close!) )

The Bean beantaxi at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 26 12:36:38 PST 2003

I've made a tad of progress. Since everyone and his
brother can configure FreeBSD to act as a gateway,
I decided to focus on the one difference between my
setup and the generic gateway setup: my one-line
natd.conf file, with the line

  redirect_address 10.0.0.13 xx.yy.zz.186

It looked like the gateway was doing the internal-to-
external translation on outgoing packets, but was unable
to translate from external to internal. Anyway, I commented
that one line, so my natd.conf is essentially empty.
Success -- I can get packets forwarded no problem (otherwise
you wouldn't be reading this!)

Of course, this means I can't really serve anything, so
I'm not done yet. It would make sense I have a snag in my
natd.conf file, since it's the one piece I was taking a wild
stab at. Does anyone know what that file should look like,
for a simple address redirection?

Thanks a lot,
T.B.