need learning direction suggestions on using editors

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Thu Dec 25 18:40:15 PST 2003

"Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang at hotmail.com> writes:

> Should I advance to vim right now or emacs, or is it that I didn't dig
> into vi deep enough to release its full power? I wonder how many
> programmers are still using 4BSD vi (compare to enchanced vi's)? Maybe
> none? Maybe many?

The vi in FreeBSD's base system is not derived from the original
UC Berkeley distributions.  It is actually nvi.  [I don't know whether
you care about this distinction, but it seemed possible...]

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
		resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/