missing /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 ... not found

Peter Leftwich Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com
Tue Dec 23 13:22:54 PST 2003

Ulf Zimmermann <ulf at Alameda.net> wrote:
> ld-elf.so.1 should also be on the first CD. Its just inside
> the split tar.gz files which make up the base of FreeBSD.
>
> Check out the bin/ directory on the cd, all the bin.[a-z][a-z]
> files are a split of a large tar.gz, and that includes the
> ld-elf.so.1
> --
> Regards, Ulf.
> Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #:
> 510-865-0204 You can find my resume at:
> http://seven.Alameda.net/~ulf/resume.html

No wonder `find /mnt/cdrom1 -iname "ld*"` had no results.  You're an
angel!!  Thank you so much Ulf.  From now on, whenever I see the
phrase "Gulf of Mexico," I will see it as g'Ulf of Mexico!!  :D

-Peter