missing /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 ... not found

Peter Leftwich Hostmaster at Video2Video.Com
Mon Dec 22 22:32:09 PST 2003

(I am posting this because a search for the subject above in Google turned
up not much... not much 'tall!)

What should a user do if their, uhm, /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 file is
missing on 4.7-RELEASE?  Can said user `touch /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1` as
a decent fix?  Or mount their drive from another OS and copy over a
friend's or a web-hosted ld-elf.so.1 file?  Or could I, I mean my friend,
use some of the contents of "src/" on a 4.7-RELEASE CD-R to recreate (via
compiling) this needed file??  Please help.  It could be your gift to me.

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder, Video2Video Services