floppy mount support

Srinivasa Kanduru ksraghavan at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 13:49:25 PST 2003

Hi,

I happenned to install 5.1 FreeBSD.  I couldn't mount floppy disk. I noticed
that /dev/fd0 did not exist. I tried doing a mknod using character device 9, 0
for fd0 but it doesn't work. The floppy devnode is not permitted to be created.

Incidentally there seems to be a change in the devfs and the usage is not very
intuitive. Is there anywhere the examples are given ? Particularly if I want to
use the floppy disk how can I get around this problem.

Thanks,
Srini.