Installing 5.1 problems

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Sun Dec 21 19:55:41 PST 2003

That message means one of two things, one, it's trying to read your
cd disk and it's bad, or two, it's booting off you hard disk and the
hard disk does not have mbr record.  Tell me about the history of
the hard disk.  Does the DH have a operating system on it? Can you
boot the operating system on the HD? Did you run ms/dos fdisk on it
to wipe out the old system and not do format with build boot record?
What happens when you tell the bio's to boot from HD?  Have you put
some other bootable cdrom in cd drive and be able to boot from it.
Like try to install ms/windows from the cd drive.