FreeBSD as dial up server...

Harald Schmalzbauer h at schmalzbauer.de
Sat Dec 20 21:34:49 PST 2003

On Sunday 21 December 2003 03:52, Drew Robertson wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Would you happen to know if setting up the FreeBSD box as a DNS server
> would allow network browsing over the PPP link???

No. DNS doesn't help in this situation. But anyhow, DNS is reqired for Samba
to act as WINS server which could help. Can't remember exactly if wins itself
was enough to enable dial-up browsing.
I did the broadcast bimap with ipf (Darren Reeds IPFilter) (like "bimap tun0
192.168.1.255/32 -> 192.168.0.255/32" for ipnat.conf)

-Harry