your suggestion

Charles Smyth charlessmyth at nireland.com
Sat Dec 20 11:34:11 PST 2003

Hi Shantoo,

No luck with that suggestion, but another one sorted it.

mount -t msdos /dev/da0s4 /nountpoint  works fine and was able to add the
details into /etc/fstab so that the zip can be mounted from the KDE like a
CD/DVD. Modifying the /etc/fstsb file also works for the floppy.

/dev/da0s4   /mountpoint  msdos    rw,noauto
/dev/fd0     /mountpoint  msdos    rw,noauto

Thanks for the speedy assistance.

Charles