i am a new comer totally.

Vulpes Velox kitbsdlists at HotPOP.com
Fri Dec 19 19:43:38 PST 2003

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 02:59:30 +0000
ÄÀ ¤jÄb <dhammachanda_1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>    dear freebsd experts:
>
>    i am a new comer totally.
>
>    i have duron 800 computer with 256m sdram, cdrom ,fdd 1.44, usb 1.1
>    cdrom read and write, agp vga 600x800,
>
>    8g   seagate medalist 8420 ide hard drive already 3g for dos fat32bit
>    and 5g for free bsd which is my young brother taught me.
>
>    also i have p3-733 cpu  with the same configuration as above.
>
>    i have 4.8,4.9 also 5.1 bsd cdrom version.
>
>    my question is
>
>    -1- which version is the best for new comer ?

	4.9... it is the current stable release... 5.1 is the current devel release and
you run the rist of running into things that could be problem matic with it
especially for a new user. 4.8 is ok, but old and if you have 4.9 there is no
reason to use it...

>    -2-someone would like to teach me one step by one step ?

	Read the handbook and the for newbies section of the site =] Those should
pretty much answer most questions. =]
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html

>    -3-how many documents or handbook should i or must i read ?

	See above...