FreeBSD 5.1 PowerPak Installation problem

Admin admin at sycos.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 08:46:23 PST 2003

Hi Ion-Mihai,

When the file system was corrupt, I tried booting with ACPI disabled and it
gave me the same response.

This morning I tried to install the XFree86 using sysinstall and got the
system corrupted and could not recover.

I reinstall the minimal system, logged in as root, ran sysinstall and copied
info, man, ports etc (but no XFree86 packages) packages and exited to
command prompt. I ran the following commands:-

cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4
make all install clean

During the installation the system failed, after reboot it let me log in. I
ran fsck -n command. I copied the messages and hwlog2.txt files. When
rebooted, it lost the logger prompt and allowed me as root. The messages and
hwlog2.txt files are attached for your advise.

I am unable to complete the installation on this P4 2.533GHz system.

Please advise a.s.a.p.

Kind Regards

Gurdial Chandra
Sycos AES