[Fwd: fixit.flp or fixit via "live filesystem" CD]

Dorin H bj93542 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 16:16:32 PST 2003

http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/4-STABLE/installation/i386/trouble.html

> The page above always makes a skirting blow or
> furtive glance at
> what is possible with a fixit.flp (namely that
> /stand and
> /mnt2/stand have some goodies) but without the use
> of the "ls"
> binary command I am a fish driving a tricycle (that
> is, useless!)

I think you should able to use those commands with a
live cd, but not with a pruned floppy. Using REL 4.8
so far.

I tried to make man work, but after doing some
mounting-linking for required utility files, I
failed:) Most of the system repair utilities are
there; though, if you are unable to read man on
another box while you tinker, and you always forget
the commands options like me, it's arcane:)

/Dorin.