Anybody Use 2 or More CPU at Production Env. ( SMP )

Vahric MUHTARYAN vahric at doruk.net.tr
Thu Dec 18 11:33:53 PST 2003

Hi Everybody ,

	I watching freebsd-stable list I saw that somebody have a problem
with SMP support which they are using 4.9 . I know that some improvement are
coming with 5.x .... But this problem are very important for example
somebody when enable SMP support system start to reset itself or under high
load crashed ?!!!!!

	I wonder Does anybody use SMP Support without Problem . Because SMP
is very important things ...

	I wonder too What about HyperThreading ?!

	Second How can I learn What is 1:1 and M:N thread libraries ? ! How
it's work ?! How SMP work on FreeBSD ?!

	Because I'm using Redhat for a long time and I don't have any
problem with it of course under high load ...

Thanks
Vahric MUHTARYAN