Just a question.....

zaphod at neostrada.pl zaphod at neostrada.pl
Thu Dec 18 11:00:18 PST 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Simon Barner wrote:

[...]

> Apart from the online books mentioned by David, you should certainly
> have a look at some books on C and C++ Programming, Programming in a
> UN*X, TCP/IP networking, Operating Systems in general (I have some books
> in mind, but need to look up the exact references - maybe someone else
> can fill this gap?)

I'll gladly fill this gap with two "no brainer" recommendations:

1. W. Richard Stevens - "Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment"

2. W. Richard Stevens - "UNIX Network Programming" (2 volume edition)

Just being in the presence of those books makes you a better programmer.
Think of what happens when you actually read and understand them! Highly
recommended. Every page a gem.

--
Cheers,
Bernard