DOS of named

Miguel Mendez flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org
Thu Dec 18 07:24:05 PST 2003

./Kris Kennaway wrote:

> I was; if you're complaining about bugs in old versions of the
> software, then the first thing to do is check whether those bugs have
> been fixed in later versions.  Not all bug fixes are properly
> documented.

See
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/security/advisories/NetBSD-SA2003-018.txt.asc

Apparently, the NetBSD security team does fix those bugs, so I assume
the FreeBSD people can as well.

> OK, so you've done some further research about this (or just omitted
> this from the original message).  The BIND mailing list may still be
> your best bet for discussion of this issue, despite previous lack of
> solution there.

FreeBSD is the vendor in this case, as bind is part of base, so it's
FreeBSD people the ones to ask about the product they ship.

Cheers,
--
	Miguel Mendez <flynn at energyhq.es.eu.org>
	http://www.energyhq.es.eu.org