Mutt + Procmail Filters

Gautam Gopalakrishnan ggop at madras.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 17 20:16:29 PST 2003

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 11:08:57PM -0600, Bryan Cassidy wrote:
> OK. I've added that to my .procmailrc but when I load Mutt it
> still doesn't show any group called freebsd-questions. Do I
> have to create a ~/Maildir/freebds-questions directory? I am
> using Postfix + Courier-IMAP + SquirrelMail + Procmail so I'm
> using Maildir.

When mutt starts, it shows your inbox (specified by the MAIL
environment variable). If you want to look at the subfolders inside
~/Mail, type "c?" (small letter c, then a question mark). That will
list the folders inside ~/Mail. Just to clarify (any maybe confuse
further), mail folders are just normal files (in mbox at least, I
dunno anything about maildir). Just make sure, the the directory
specified by MAILDIR really exists. And don't forget to read the
mutt manual.