Installation troubles

michael Alexander linux at milwaukeevalve.com
Tue Dec 16 08:39:17 PST 2003

I actually thought that the OS really should reside on a Raid array, so that
in the case of a disk failure your system doesn't fully crash and require a
reinstall.

Would I run into this same issue with a supported IDE raid card?

  Since this will be a mission critical server (mail server w/imap) we don't
want to lose any time because of drive failures.  The raid card is listed as
being supported at the site.