Headless System via serial port?

Minnesota Slinky mnslinky at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 22:00:38 PST 2003

Is that all you did to get it working?  It goes through the boot process
just fine over the terminal, but kernel hands the login back over to
vidconsole again right away.  I even tried changing the -P to a -Dh,
still nothing.  Same effect.

Also, when I try to boot to the serial console, ntpdate and sendmail
don't want to load.  Very frustrating.

TIA for your help.

Eric F Crist
President