cs4236b crystal onboard sound help

Frederick Thomas nikita_the_jew at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 09:29:24 PST 2003

Shalom,
       I have been trying to avoid contacting you since I know that your engaged, however
I have come to the end of my resources. I have a dual boot with win98 and freebsd 4.8
on a Dell Optiplex GX1(tower). I have attempted to configure the sound [crystalcs4236b
onboard audio controller] for the past two months and have had no success. I even tried installing the open sound system, [which found the card, but couldn't get the audio test to work]. I've ran pnpinfo and it finds it as well, but I still can't get the bloody thing to work... So now all I can do is ask for HEELLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                                                             sincerely yours,

                                                                                       nikita_the_jew at yahoo.com