ipnat+ipfw + 3 gateways

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Sun Dec 14 16:46:08 PST 2003

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 07:23:26PM -0500, fbsd_user wrote:
> What do you think IPF is? That's the utility name used to load
> filter rules into IPFILTER.
> So you are doing just what I said.   The original poster said
> nothing about doing traffic shaping.
> IPNAT will not function with out IPFILTER rules. At lease  pass  in
> all on all interfaces. He listed none in his post.

Unlike IPFW, IPF defaults to "open" (thus the reason for the
IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK kernel option). Thus IPF won't be blocking any of
the packets that IPNAT is NATing. For example, when I issue a `ipf -F
a`, my IPNAT rules continue to function normally.

-T

--
The person who takes the banal and ordinary and illuminates it in a new way can
terrify.  We do not want our ideas changed.  We feel threatened by such