Page faults every few days

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Sat Dec 13 23:52:01 PST 2003

On Sunday, December 14, 2003, at 01:40  AM, Gautam Gopalakrishnan wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 12:19:19AM -0500, Jaime wrote:
>> 	Its probably SpamAssassin, which is run against every incoming
>> message.  This causes it to have lots of copies in memory at once and
>> to run/quit very often.  I don't think that updating Perl will help (I
>> don't see why a user-space process would interfere with kernel
>> resource
>> management.) and I has updated SpamAssassin several times since the
>> problem began.
>
> You probably know, maybe spamd is better than invoking
> so many perl instances

	This is actually what I'm doing.  However, spamd is a perl process.

zeus:jkikpole>ps auxww|grep spamd
root       822  0.0  3.8 21112 9924  ??  Is   Tue09AM   2:15.08
/usr/local/bin/spamd -a -c -d (perl5.00503)

	Odd.... For once we have less than 5 spamd processes running
concurrently.  I guess that is what happens at a public school as
nearly 3am on a Sunday morning.  :)

							Jaime