Adding SCSI Scanner

Dr. Lyman Hazelton lrh at alum.mit.edu
Thu Dec 11 07:44:55 PST 2003

I didn't have my SCSI scanner (UMAX Astra 1200S) powered up when I
loaded FreeBSD 5.1.  I turned it on and re-booted the system, and it
certainly sees it (as seen in the dmesg report), but it simply says
it's part of "pass4:"... in other words, no driver associated with
it.  Is there some nice way of getting the system to use it, other
than reloading the entire system from scratch?  The system has been
up a few days and I've loaded a lot of other good stuff and got it
running just the way I want it to, so reloading and reconfiguring all
of it would be a lotta work.

       -Lyman