re-process mail queue

Zhang Weiwu weiwuzhang at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 20:44:37 PST 2003

Hello. I'm using dial-up ADSL, So my notebook isn't always on-line. I have
sendmail enabled.

Now the problem is, mailq showed that

#mailq
                /var/spool/mqueue (6 requests)
-----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time-----
------------Sender/Recipient-----------
hBB4UpWD050471      834 Thu Dec 11 12:30 <weiwuzhang at hotmail.com>
                 (Deferred: Name server: alobbs.com.: host name lookup
failure)
                                         <emailaddress>
hBB3h5WD009741    19817 Thu Dec 11 11:43 <weiwuzhang at hotmail.com>
                 (host map: lookup (hotmail.com): deferred)
                                         <emailaddress>
hB9KvAi4002520     3597 Wed Dec 10 04:57 MAILER-DAEMON
                 (host map: lookup (hotmail.com): deferred)
                                         <weiwuzhang at hotmail.com>
hB9KvAi5002520     5007 Wed Dec 10 04:57 MAILER-DAEMON
                 (host map: lookup (hotmail.com): deferred)
                                         <weiwuzhang at hotmail.com>
hB9Gbhi3001046     1663 Wed Dec 10 00:37 <weiwuzhang at hotmail.com>
                 (host map: lookup (hotmail.com): deferred)

<egroupware-developers at lists.sourcefor
hB9Gdti3001049     2966 Wed Dec 10 00:40 <weiwuzhang at hotmail.com>
                 (host map: lookup (hotmail.com): deferred)
                                         <emailaddress>
                Total requests: 6

I already know my ICP's DNS server has some problems these days, that about
1/3 dns request fails for unknown reasons (retry serveral times fixes). Now
the emails are seriously delayed, but how to ask sendmail to try to re-send
all these emails? Yes, sendmail will try to send it some time that it will
decide, but that can be a time when I'm lucky to have no ADSL connection. I
want sendmail to send them "right now", how to do it?