mount_smbfs problems

Doug Poland doug at polands.org
Wed Dec 10 11:17:02 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm running 4.8-RELEASE on a box that, daily, connects to a windows machine
and writes files to a "share".

This system was working for about a month.  But now, every time I issue the mount_smbfs
command I get....

  "mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = RPC struct is bad"

In /var/log/messages I see...

  "/kernel: smb_maperror: Unmapped error 2:2242"

Absolutely nothing has changed on either the FreeBSD box or the Windows 2000 server.
In fact, neither box had even been rebooted until the discovery of this problem.
Subsequently, each box was bounced once, but to no avail.

I've googled on both phrases but have found nothing.  Can anyone shed light on
this or, perhaps, point me in the right direction?

--
Regards,
Doug

--