How to make printer print faster?

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Tue Dec 9 10:32:32 PST 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 12:19 pm, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I own a HP LaserJet 2100, connected to my home network. According to the
> > specifications it should be able to print 10 pages per minute. When using
> > Windows that's not a problem. But using FreeBSD (with lpd configured with
> > help of Apsfilter from the ports) it prints very slowly, I guess about 2
> > pages per minute.
> >
> > Is it possible to make printing go faster?
>
> Start apsfilter's setup and play around with resolutions and
> qualities.
> If you need different quality standards, you could give them
> different names like hplaser_lo and hplaser_hi .
>
> Regards,
>
> Uli.

Uli,
With all due respect, do you know for a fact that your suggestion works?
I have a HP1100, configured with apsfilter, and I have tried that very same
thing, and it only prints at 600 dpi.

Does anyone know the correct driver for the HP1100 LaserJet?
I've been using ljet4.

--
Thanks,
Charles

Random Murphy's Law:
There is no such thing as a straight line.