CVSUPIT pkg_add 90% good/10% strange

Richard Shea freebsdQ0 at richardshea.fastmail.fm
Mon Dec 8 14:39:19 PST 2003

Hi - I've just installed 4.8 from scatch. The next thing I wanted to do
was to CVSUP so I ...

cd /usr/ports/net/cvsupit
make install distclean

... that was a bit strange because cvsupit seemed to start automatically
as part of the 'make'. I wasn't watching it happen but I flicked back to
the screen and I found I was being prompted for which CVSUP server I
wanted to use.

Anyway I went along with that and allowed the CVSUP session to start and
and all seemed to go well, I ended up with a  "All finished! ... blah,
blah" dialog box (not a real dialog I was running this from the command
line).

However when I then pressed Enter on that dialog box (to go back to the
prompt) I get ...

===>   Generating temporary packing list
** Missing package files for cvsupit-3.1.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/cvsupit.

... that doesn't look too good and yet the CVSUP session appears to have
all gone fine - can anyone explain what's happening ?

regards

richard shea.