php4-cli install with mod_php4

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Dec 8 11:34:42 PST 2003

Redmond Militante wrote:

>hi all
>
>i'd like to run a php file as a cron job on my apache box.  in order to do this, i'm trying to install /usr/ports/lang/php4-cli.
>
>i cd to the dir, make install clean, set php compile options, etc.  it errors out like this:
>
>--snip--
>
># make install
>===>  Installing for php4-cli-4.3.4_2
>===>  php4-cli-4.3.4_2 conflicts with installed package(s):
>      mod_php4-4.3.4_2,1
>
>      They install files into the same place.
>      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php4-cli.
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php4-cli.
>--snip--
>
>what's the best way to get php4-cli installed on a box with mod_php4?  any suggestions would be appreciated
>
>thanks
>redmond

Maybe 3 options:

1.  Do as it says and uninstall mod_php4, then build
/usr/ports/lang/php4, which will install CGI, CLI and
Apache so module.

2.  If you've gotten this far, there's a CLI executable
built somewhere in the "work" subdirectory.  You
could install it yourself, but it wouldn't be registered,
I guess...a terrible hack, probably :-)

3.  Have you tried

$make FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=yes install

?  (Saving "make clean for later, just in case???")

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey