apcupsd

HOLLOW, CHRISTOPHER christopher.hollow at cgi.com
Mon Dec 8 09:59:01 PST 2003

Hi...

   I have the same UPS and cable running with apcupsd on FreeBSD 4.8.  I
have nothing but good things to say about the UPS and apcupsd.  Detects
and reports power failures and power restores.  Properly halts the
system upon reaching remaining-charge-percentage or time-until-failure
thresholds.  I have messages logging to stdout and to apcupsd.log via
syslog.  apcupsd does not send out email notification (AFAIK) but I have
swatch configured to email me any apcupsd syslog messages.  I receive
bi-weekly self-test messages.   It has been working flawlessly for about
18 months.

Chris