Why would drive run at UDMA33? (Segate 80GB)

Jarrod bsd at say-10.net
Sun Dec 7 22:27:54 PST 2003

As some others said, put both the hard drives on the same channel and see what that does, also to change the speeds it is 'atacontrol mode (number of channel ie 0 or 1) UDMA(#) UDMA(#)' if you have 2 things on the same channel.  But switch the cd-rw and the hard drive and put the 2 drives on the same channel and you might not have to mess with setting the speeds.  and another good command to check what speeds are on the same channel 'atacontrol mode (number of channel)' of course dont use parenthesis on any of that, and if you already know about what i said oh well, spreading my limited knowledge

Jarrod
admin at say-10.net