Canon A70 w/ FreeBSD

Will Yardley freebsd-questions-120703 at veggiechinese.net
Sun Dec 7 14:58:35 PST 2003

JacobRhoden wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:27 am, Will Yardley wrote:

> > Has anyone had luck using the Canon PowerShot A70 with FreeBSD stable
> > (4.x)? I notice in the home page for the s10sh drivers (see links below)
> > that this model may not be supported.

> Just buy yourself a compact-flash card reader. All you do is put your card
> in and plug it into the usb port, and your able to mount it like a hard
> disk. (: I find this method much simpler and more convenient.

That might be a good option.

> Otherwise you might want to checkout the gphoto port.

Yeah - I've checked that out (and installed it from ports), and it does look
like it supports that model.  Is the other driver still needed, or will this
Just Work (TM), assuming that the usb and umass options are compiled into the
kernel?

I haven't ever used USB with FreeBSD, so I don't have a lot of experience
with dealing with USB in general.