NATd question

Marwan Sultan Admin at kifco.net
Sun Dec 7 12:49:53 PST 2003

Hello Everybody,

   Im on FreeBSD 4.8-R fresh installation.
   and this is the configuration i will use on my LAN

   Internet ->connected-> DSL Router -> FreeBSD box -> HUB -> LAN

   DSL Router has an IP 192.168.0.1 and the real IP too.

   FreeBSD box has 2 NIC's
   My question is:

   Where and How to sign 2 IPs for 2 NICs?

   which IP the NIC connected to DSL should sign?
   Which IP the NIC connected to HUB should sign?
   Which of these IPs will be as gateway IP the clients will sign?

   I have read the instructions of freebsd.org,
   and it says the gateway will be the BSD machine 192.168.0.1
   BUT this IP in my LAN is signed to the router automatilcaly.

   Can someone explain? advise? This machine will be only for this use.

   Thank you
--
Marwan Sultan