login_prompt pre-login massage.

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Sun Dec 7 08:06:04 PST 2003

Please don't top-post.

Hossein <falaki at ce.sharif.ac.ir> writes:

> Thanks guys
> 	I tested creatint /etc/issue but it seems FreeBSD does not support
> it, but the login_prompt is working. The only problem is that in Linux
> /etc/issue is displayed only once while login_pormpt is redisplayed after
> an unsuccesful try.
> 	Does anybody know any other solotiuon?

/etc/issue works for me.

You need to have the gettytab entry contain the
"if=/etc/issue" capability setting, but FreeBSD
has done this by default for (at least) several
releases now.

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
		resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/