chroot environment

Rob listone at deathbeforedecaf.net
Sat Dec 6 17:07:13 PST 2003

If you've already built the environment, you're halfway to having a
jail(8) - this extends chroot(8) by creating a private process tree and
network interface. You can run an entire system inside a jail, including
sshd(8) to accept logins.

For ftp logins, ftpd(8) has builtin support for chrooting certain users -
see ftpchroot(5). There is also support for chrooting logins in the ssh.com
version of sshd - I believe this is /usr/ports/security/ssh2, but I haven't
checked.

Apart from this, I don't know a 'standard' way of doing it.