Java VM problems

Marc Huffnagle enigma971 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 6 14:58:56 PST 2003

Hello,

I am running into a problem when I try to run any java-related program.
When I try to use java or javac, I get the following error, and the
application locks up (requiring a kill -9) and starts to use 100% of the
processor.

$ /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/java -version
#
# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Internal Error
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.2_02-b03 mixed mode)
#
# Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505001C9
#

Heap at VM Abort:
Heap

I have found other reports of this problem, but never a solution.
Please let me know what other information would be useful, or where I
should be asking this question.  Thanks.

     - Marc