pre-login massage.

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Sat Dec 6 03:40:11 PST 2003

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 02:56:41PM -0500, falaki at ce.sharif.edu wrote:
> Hi every body;
>    In Linux There is a file in /etc named issue which contains the
> pre-login massage. But it seems there is not such a file in FreeBSD.
> How can I display a pre-login massage in my FreeBSD box.
The /etc/motd file contains the message of the day that's displayed for
users when they login.  You can modify that to display what you want.

Alternatively you could add items on a per-user basis in their ~/.login
file or globally in one of the login startup rc files (.profile, .cshrc,
.shrc, etc) - see the manpage for 'login' for more info on the files that
are best to use.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer