bootable cd/iso boot sector question

Louis LeBlanc freebsd at keyslapper.org
Fri Dec 5 16:46:27 PST 2003

Hey all.  I'm looking for a way to recreate a bootable CD from the
original.

I confess, it's a windows bootable - I'm trying to integrate SP4 to my
original Win2K installer, and I have to recreate the iso with the
original boot sector.  The reason is that the only windows machine
I'll suffer to run it has blown a gasket from the repeated updates and
I'd like to catch it up without all the update installations.

So, is there a way to extract the boot sector from a CD?

Also, if anyone has any pointers on the mkisofs options, I'd
appreciate a heads up.

BTW, this is being done on FreeBSD 4.8 RELEASE (you think I'd trust my
burner to Windoze?)

Thanks.

Lou
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

Shick's Law:
  There is no problem a good miracle can't solve.