Artsd process running // What is It ??

Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN] Danovitsch at Vitsch.net
Fri Dec 5 01:44:23 PST 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 10:11, Greg Bernard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a process called artsd running on my server and I was wondering what
> this process could be ??
>
> Seems to be related to some kind of audio device...
>
> As I am not the one that has started this process, I would be interested in
> knowing where It has been started from and It is supposed to do ??
Artsd gets started by KDE by default. It's a sound-daemon just like ESD. It
allows multiple programs to play sound at the same time.
If you don't need/want the artsd running you can disable it in the KDE control
pannel.

> No man pages could be found...
But a quick google search for "artsd" gives :
http://docs.kde.org/en/3.1/kdemultimedia/artsbuilder/artsd.html

grtz,
Daan