running freebsd with sendmail and qpopper

Marty Landman MLandman at face2interface.com
Thu Dec 4 13:10:14 PST 2003

First, Steve it's great of you to go to all this effort. Thanks in advance.
Now I wonder if you'll be surprised at how early in the procedure things
fell apart for me. :)

At 09:53 PM 12/3/2003, Steve Bertrand wrote:

>ie. In some cases, you could send a mail message to steve at 192.168.0.1,
>and if the server is listening for incoming mail (sendmail) then it may
>pick it up and deliver it to a local user.

My lan is set up as follows. My workstation 192.168.0.1 runs windows xp and
shares its dialup connection through ics. In its host file it maps my fbsd
box 192.168.0.7 to the server name swamisalami. This allows me to ftp, ssh,
and also browse to http://swamisalami from my workstation and afaik any
other box on the lan.

I use eudora as my email client on the workstation and set up a personality
for root at SwamiSalami. I was able to successfully send the following