I need some documentation, and not only

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at apropo.ro
Thu Dec 4 02:14:59 PST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 01:59:40 -0800 (PST)
 Valerian Galeru <valerian_ro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me any sites with documentation about file systems in
> Unix systems(it will be better on FreeBSD(if there are any differences
> between Freebsd fs and other Unix fs) ).
> And i need documentation about Floppy disks, how to format them
> in BSD....

Q: What would happend if you start reading:
the hanbook
 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html
the faq
 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/index.html
and the man pages
 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?manpath=FreeBSD+5.1-RELEASE

A: You would make things easier for both you and us.
http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html

FreeBSD uses UFS1 or UFS2 (default from 5.1R).

http://docs.freebsd.org/44doc/papers/diskperf.html
http://docs.freebsd.org/44doc/papers/fsinterface.html
http://docs.freebsd.org/44doc/smm/03.fsck/paper.html
http://docs.freebsd.org/44doc/smm/05.fastfs/paper.html

The sources are in:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/ufs/
and
/usr/src/sys/ufs if you choosed to install them.

> I need names of programs like
> window comander, or something like this, not to type cd 100 times a
> day:).

cd /usr/local/bin/midc && make install clean

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user