amd documentation: why is it so confusing?

Rob nospam at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 2 18:54:17 PST 2003

Hi,

I have exported directories successfully. Thus I moved on to use amd for
having the system mount this as it is needed.

However, I am getting totally stuck in the amd manuals. Are the amd manuals
really that bad, or is it me?

For example:
The FreeBSD handbook mentions amd in one sentence, by referring to the
manual pages of amd and amd.conf. So all I have are the manual pages
on the amd commands and files. The amd manual talks about a map file,
but there's nowhere information to be found on what the structure of
such a map file is.

Is the creation of the amd-map file too trivial, or so complicated that
nobody dares explaining it....?

Anyone who can point me to better help on this?

Thanks!

Rob.