weird mouse reaction and movement 5.1

charles pelletier soze_kizer at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:32:17 PST 2003

Okay,

So I just installed, for the first time, 5.1 on a new machine. My problem is
this: In Sysinstall, when i select my mouse  (ps/2, MS 3 button optical)
then enable and test the port, all of a sudden I see an early part of the
installation wizard (the partitioning part) and i can't escape out of it. It
is as if the mouse scrolls through a history of what i've done page by page
until it reaches that part. I can ctrl-c out of sysinstall and it is as if
nothing ever happened.
Is this a strange event to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it w/ flags,
etc? It was suggested to me by a friend that I kill moused before I start up
sysinstall but it isn't running in the first place.

Anyone know a fix?

Thanks,

--charlie