ports problems

Jonathan T. Sage sagejona at msu.edu
Tue Dec 2 08:28:28 PST 2003

Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <rmvg at shaw.ca> writes:
>

>>when i run portsdb -Uu i get many errors like the one below is there
>>anyone who can help me
>>
>>fileroller-2.4.2_1,1:"/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/pango" non-existent --  dependency list incomplete
>>

>That just means you didn't have /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/pango in your
>ports tree.  Assuming this is intentional (you didn't update the whole
>ports tree for some reason?) then there's no problem.  If you wanted
>to update the whole tree, then you need to figure out what you did
>wrong with your update operation (e.g., maybe you need to get rid of a
>refuse file for the ports collection).

Also note, that there errors are not completely unheard of.  I run a
ports cvsup nightly, update the index database, and send the output of
portversion to myself.  looking back in my logs, it looks as if i almost
always have at least a few of these types of errors

~jon

--
"Yesterday upon the stair I saw a man
who wasn't there, he wasn't there