Why people are not satisfied with FreeBSD?

Val Smith vmsmith at grokking.org
Sat Aug 30 05:29:14 PDT 2003

Uh, you're assuming everyone on the list use only one type of machine.

For instance, I'm writing this on a Linux box, but have 3 FBSD servers I administer, as well as a small handful of Windows servers I'm responsible for. I also use windows 2000 and XP as well as FBSD and more than 2 distros of Linux at the desktop, from various work and home locations.

After hanging out here for six months or so I believe (but can't ultimately prove) that a significant number of people on this list work actively in heterogenous networks.

VS