your mail

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Thu Aug 28 03:26:42 PDT 2003

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Glitch Birkenstock wrote:

> Good Afternoon. Can yah please help me out?i live in Philippines.i am
> using windows here and i want to change it into FREEBSD new version. i
> already downloaded all files here:ftp://ftp5.us.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/
> i read the txt files but it doesnt shows the manual on how to install.im
> kinda new to it.how can i install the FREEbsd?can i use it as dual?like
> windows and FREEBSD by booting or can select which one to use?All i want
> is to use both coz i really dont know if there is a
> word,exceel,photoshop,access,power point and frontpage just like in
> windows.can i use two OS (WIndows and FREEBSD)?Take Care.

Check out the file README.TXT which is at the location you mention above.
Then 'cd releases' and check out that README.TXT file, then cd for example
to '/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/5.1-RELEASE' and fetch the file INSTALL.TXT

	ftp://ftp5.us.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/5.1-RELEASE/INSTALL.TXT

Dw.