php mail() function with freebsd 4.8

thomas may thomas.may at x9media.com
Wed Aug 27 23:02:40 PDT 2003

Hi,

is there someone who has experience with the php Mail() Funktion under
FreeBSD 4.8. I have simply installed the mod_php from the ports
directory. I use as smtp-gateway/mailserver
<http://www.xmailserver.org> www.xmailserver.org on Port 25. it will
work with the command mail and sendmail on console without problems. the
following changes i have made in php.ini:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
;SMTP = localhost
; For Win32 only.
;sendmail_from =  <mailto:me at localhost.com> me at localhost.com
; for unix only
sendmail_path = "/usr/local/sbin/sendmail -t -i &"

My PHP Script looks as follow:

<?php
$mailto = " <mailto:thomas.may at x9media.com> thomas.may at x9media.com";
$subject = "Testmail";
$header .= "Content-Type: application/x-gm-impdata\n";
$header .= "From:  <mailto:thomas.may at x9media.com\r\n>
thomas.may at x9media.com\r\n";

// send the email
mail($mailto, $subject, $message, $header);
?>

If i use for example IE60 Browser i got only an empty site without
sending the mail. Iam not really sure if it is a php, port or a freebsd
problem. Maybe i must change some compile options ?

Can someone please help me.

THANX thomas