Information Free BSD Imagin Utillities

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Aug 26 09:49:57 PDT 2003

Willie Pretorius wrote:
> Are there any existing Utilities Available Wihich I could use to create a
> Complete Image (Backup Image) of a Server Running Free BSD.

Yes, FreeBSD ships with dump, tar, and cpio, which can all be used to take
backups of directory trees or even entire filesystems.

> Does Free BSD Support USB. What would be the best way to go about creating
> the Image?

FreeBSD supports USB.  I don't understand how this question relates to the
former one, but if you had a USB device like a tape drive (or even a big "USB
pen drive"), you could store the backup image to one, if it fits.  :-)

--
-Chuck